Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life Update

I wanted to wait till I had signed the forms, but you are now reading the blog of the Director of Debate at Mercer University in Macon, GA. This is certainly exciting news for me. Not only is this a chance to do an enjoyable job and academically rich job while avoiding adjunct hell*, but I also believe debate is an important activity and am glad to be able to continue working in that area. I've been involved in competitive academic debate in some form or another for 14 years now, and look forward to this opportunity.

However, it has meant that I've moved again (for the last decade I've moved every summer except one. I'm getting a little tired of it). I also recently had a root canal. That's why things have been and will be a little quite around for a bit.

Anyway, here is a bit of music for the occasion.



*Adjunct hell doesn't refer to all adjuncting. It refers specifically to jobs that do not provide adequate funding and no benefits, and frequently requires teaching many courses across multiple universities.